A long overdue catch-up

 Hi, 


How is everyone? It feels ages since I last wrote here, in fact I just checked and realised I last checked in in May last year... So much has changed for so many since then. Countless numbers of people have been lost to such an awful disease, and my thoughts go out to everyone affected.

This year has been a blur; news has felt bleak, vaccinations have started to be administered, daily updates at one point shaped our lives, we all became so used to working in the same place as we live, TV shows like Normal People and Bridgeton trended for weeks, daily walks with our households took on the a whole new meaning and sense of purpose. So much has been lost and so many who have been on the front line caring for those we love at their hardest times deserve medals. At the same time many of us have felt blessed for the small things, to feel the love of family and friends - albeit from afar - and the simplicity of getting fresh air. 

I feel proud that as a world we have all united to keep people safe, to develop vaccines and to stay at home and stop the spread. I feel on a personal level, very lucky for everything that has changed for the better since I last wrote. We finally moved into our own place in the brief lockdown break in October, I have started a wonderful new job that I feel inspired and challenged by in equal measure and I have been navigating long term health whilst recovering from COVID-19 in January and at the same time supporting and having supported my partner whilst he was ill. I have learnt how to properly pay bills, remembered to water house plants, booked appointments and truly felt like an adult in a way that was more seamless and a lot less scary than I had anticipated. All of this was done with a lot of support from my partner and family from afar and I feel so grateful. 

I feel 2020 was a year of change but also a year of growth and I hope that all the small bursts of good can still be seen on harder days for everyone. 

I feel reluctant to say more. I just wanted to reflect, more so for myself to look back on as well as sending light to anyone in a strange time.

Love, 

Molly 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.