Watching ‘Brassed Off’ at the New Vic and discovering ‘Emily’ by Stephen Fretwell

Hey,


How're you?
Glad to hear you're good ;).


It's actually so nice to sit down and write tonight, in the weirdest way it feels like coming back to a friend I haven't caught up with in ages. I think for this reason blogging will always be in my life if only for one post a year (hopefully I'll want to write more than that but y'know what I mean) I think there's something so special in having a place to chat, reminisce and think without any rush. So yeah, hi, it's nice to be back.


The past month has been exciting and eye opening. It's one where I've actively joined new groups locally, made new friends and tried new things. After deciding I'm staying local for this part of my life I decided I wanted to meet new people in the same area. I love my existing friends, but most of them have moved away to do brilliant things (I love you all and I'm so proud of you), so I think its so so important to meet a new crew. This has resulted in me partaking in more pub quiz's this month than I have in my life, ever. It has also meant I have found a new love of badminton and tried my hand at improvisation. I've also met some really cool people. It's definitely been a month of pushing myself out of my comfort zone and I'm so happy I have.


One such group I actually went to the theatre with last night and it was AMAZING. Myself and five other ladies went to see the production of "Brassed off" at the New Vic Theatre in Newcastle Under Lyme. I always love the productions there and this play was no exception and very very popular!! Even though it was in its third week of running, the auditorium was packed and for very good reason. The acting was amazing and the brass band was breath-taking and very moving. Following the storyline of the film of the same name that came out in 1996 with Ewan McGregor, the music formed an integral part of the whole thing. The cast were so so talented musically it was wonderful. I really recommend that anyone watches it if they can.


On the way back my mum had one of her old "chilled out" playlist CD's on and this is when I discovered my new favourite song without doubt. Before last night, it had always been 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls but now it is 'Emily' by Stephen Fretwell from the album 'Magpie'. Before listening to this song I cant say I'd ever listened to any of his other songs, but I'm going to make it my mission now.


I hope you're having the loveliest evening after work, I got in not too long ago and so I'm hoping to go for a lovely walk soon.


Write soon!


Molly x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.