Six tea’s you should total-tea try 🤗

Hello!

Hope this post finds you well and enjoying this really sunny weather!

I recently found a caddy of tea - sealed and unopened - in a charity shop and it’s meant I’m doing the thing I love best; tea sampling. Since doing this and enjoying it I thought that I should do a post commemorating six of the best teas I’ve tried in general. We all know English breakfast is amazing, but I feel that it gets so much airtime that not many other teas get a look in! As someone who comes from a family who aren’t very experimental tea-wise, I’ve just built these favourites over years of trying. I realised early on rooibos and green teas don’t agree with me at all, so none of these will include such teas sorry:(.  *

*(In fact my third choice the “Peppermint Melon” is classed as a green tea- I didn’t know and still love it!)

I hope if you try them you like them as much as I do!

Below are my all-time faves - but if you have any other suggestions with your favourites please let me know in the comments! I’m always up for trying new things!🤗

🌟Best everyday tea

1) Whittard of Chelsea’s - ‘English Rose’ (flavoured black tea)

This has got to be my favourite tea ever. Whether you drink it with or without milk it’s so sweet - with Turkish delight undertones - and whilst I’ve tried many different varieties such as T2’s and Kusmi Tea’s versions, Whittard is my absolute favourite!! You can get this in either bags or loose leaf. I drink it so regularly I find bags more easy to use.

🌟Best day-time tea’s 2) Suki’s - Apple loves mint tea
This tea is perfect on a hot summer day when you still fancy tea but want something almost thirst quenching. Whilst apple and mint sounds a weird combo, I promise it’s the lightest and most refreshing tea you might ever drink. I’ve only ever had this in loose leaf form but it is worth the hassle!

3) The English Tea Company’s - Peppermint Melon

Again, you’re thinking - “mint and fruit?” - but hold on. It’s amazing. This is one of the new blends I only tried a few days ago for the first time and I am hooked! It’s so light and refreshing for any time of day and I personally can’t taste any mint just the nicest subtle melon. It comes with a honey yellow hue and is so nice. I’ve only had this in a bag form - so I’m not sure if it comes in loose leaf too? From what I can see it may only be part of sets but I’m hoping I’m mistaken! It also is actually classed as a ‘green tea’ but as someone who isn’t a fan of green tea I didn’t get those flavours  at all!
This is definitely one of my favourite tea’s ever!

🌟Best evening tea

4) Tea Pigs -  Chai Tea

So I couldn’t not include a chai tea somewhere on this list. As a lover of most black tea’s,  chai definitely is a big part of my life and I’ve found the Tea Pigs one to be the best in terms of flavour and strength. Whether you drink it neat or with a choice of milk or with a dash of honey, the warm spices are amazing and super comforting! Such an autumnal drink but a firm favourite!

🌟 Best breakfast tea

5) Clipper’s - Peppermint or Camomile tea’s 

 So, obviously not counting the myth and legend that is good old English Breakfast, I don’t think you can beat a settling Peppermint or a calming Camomile tea. As someone who tries to avoid an access of caffeine I think these teas’ are a great alternative and I think Clipper’s flavours are particularly strong and rounded. I would definitely recommend giving them a go!

🌟 Best bed-time Tea

6) Twinings - ‘Sleep’ blend

I love a good bed time tea for switching off before cosying up with a book and before this one I loved  Puka’s - ‘Bedtime Brew’. About a month ago I came across Twinings newest range of teas the “Superblends”and whilst I’m not a big fan of the “Defence” blend, I do absolutely love the “Sleep” blend. It mixes spiced apple and vanilla with camomile and passionflowers and again tastes amazing on its own or with a spoon of honey! It also won a ‘Great taste’ award for 2018 so it seems that I’m not alone in my love of this one.

I hope you’ve enjoyed reading and will enjoy trying these tea’s even more!

Like I say if you have any favourites that I haven’t included here,  let me know and I’d love to try them!

Love,

Molly x











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.