Stoke on Trent’s ‘Fake Festival’ 2019, Roald Dahl’s short stories for adults and a new love of vegan cheese and onion sandwiches

Hello~ how’re you doing?

Today is a chilled one for me, having showered, read and then gone for coffee in town with my Mum.

It’s been nice. Lately, I’ve got back into Roald Dahl’s fiction for adults and this morning’s read was the amazing “Edward the Conqueror” - originally published in ‘The Newyorker’ in 1953. I love the amazing, funny and sinister twists in Dahl’s adult fiction and I’m yet to find an author I find as skilled in terms of description, humour and darkness all balanced.

Later we’re seeing a production at The Gatehouse Theatre in Stafford, so looking forward to that too!

Last Saturday was a fun one, Mum and I went to a “Fake Festival”. These are festivals that run up and down the country and can run from 1-3 day events, where all the bands performing are cover bands. All the while the atmosphere is one in the style of a festival.

Saturday’s Fest was in Hanley park and featured cover bands of Green day, Blondie, David Bowie, The Foo Fighters, The Killers and P!nk.

They were all very good and the atmosphere was amazing - not to mention surprising as Stoke on Trent often gets overlooked in terms of running events like other cities. I thought it was great that something like that was happening on our doorstep and it was so nice to see so many friends and familiar faces there too!

My favourite cover band by far came on at 8pm that night and was everything I wanted them to be. “The Fillers” AKA cover band of “The Killers” had us all pulling our best shapes and singing at the top of our lungs. They were insane.

I’d definitely recommend one of these events to anyone who loves music or a boogie - lots of fun!

Thank you for reading, have a fab day,

Molly x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.