How am I just listening to Sigrid?

Today has been such a nice day, despite feeling quite tired most of the day work was good, I’m looking forward to baked salmon for tea and my fluffy dog Evie is currently asleep on my lap.

I love that everyday at the moment I seem to be finding new books or music. It’s so cool to be absorbing so much from all different mediums.

One of these artists is Sigrid. Despite the Norwegian singer releasing hit singles in the U.K. I can’t say I ever listened to her music until yesterday. I think I just have heard bops like “Don’t feel like crying” and “Suckerpunch” on the background at gym’s/cafe’s as the choruses are too familiar, but I’ve never known of the artist behind them. I love how electro-poppy her music is and how simple and powerful her lyrics are.

Another artist I’m just listening to is Maisie Peters, I love how beautifully pure her voice sounds, all the wispy harmonies are so incredible 🌟

I love that music drifts in and out of your favourite memories so often. Last night for example I met one of my best friends for a coffee at a bistro in town and it was so light in there and the sun was coming in. It was so nice to catch up with her as she’s nearly finished all her Uni deadlines for the year. Then Mr Blue Sky came on and I thought “yeah this is right, this song fits”

I hope you’re having such a lovely evening 🌷

Molly xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.