Review of ‘The Balance’, the new album from Catfish and The Bottlemen

Today, on Friday 26th April, a marvellous thing happened.

To join the other four singles previously released, seven others were revealed through the release of Catfish’s third album, ‘The Balance’.

This, I have to say, is the only album I have ever preordered. This is also the only band I’m set to see more than once (roll on July). Why? Because they are a work of genius.

I remember not really joining the hype when they released their first album ‘The Balcony’, I only really joined at the tail-end of their second album ‘The Ride’. This was through being aged eighteen and wanting to get in on the edgy indie vibes after crushing on a boy with similar music taste...

Since then it’s fair to say this band, a mixture of Pop/rock and indie, has been my biggest love ever musically. I never really yearned to one particular band before, I have never wanted or felt the need to see a band more than once but that’s where for some reason Catfish “got me” in that weird deep hippy way music lovers talk about.

I like the honesty of the lyrics, the soft rock and raw vocals. I adore the edgy cover art on all three albums,  I even love the fact that some of the members come from Llandudno?! Need I go on?

Not only did we hear amazing songs like “Longshot”, “Fluctuate”, “2all” and “Conversation” mid-Feb, now “Sidetrack”, “Encore”, “Basically” and “Intermission” are gracing the speakers in my kitchen. “Mission”, “coincide” and “Overlap” are filling my room with grungy, chilled vibes.

I have never been this excited nor this pleased to have an album released and I get the impression I’m not alone.

Hope you’re enjoying it too!

Molly. X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.