Why I’m getting “Headspace” in February

Hello!

I hope this post finds you really really well, and not ankle deep in snow after the heavy snow overnight. Whilst we haven’t had a real covering in the small town I call home, some of my friends at Universities have posted me pictures of amazing looking snowmen ⛄️ so I’m glad all is right in the world.

I met a lovely friend yesterday for coffee and she asked if I’d written a blog in a while, after beginning a writing group locally. I said that I hadn’t for a bit, other than attempting to write short comedy scripts in my spare time (something that I’ve never really done before but fancied doing!). Then low and behold I suddenly find something I want to write about.

The last few months have been hard at times with my chronic condition but also very hard mentally. I was struggling accepting my limitations or sometimes even feeling “worthy” enough to belong to certain groups if I felt I couldn’t participate. After seeking help through councilling and medication I am happy to report that I feel so much better, but last night I found an app that I already feel has really benefitted my mental health.

This app is called “Headspace” and works by giving meditation techniques to enable you to let go of anxious or negative thoughts whilst feeling more peaceful and happier. I’d seen it advertised for a while but hadn’t really thought I needed it, ironically. I see now that in my current situation it’s so so handy to be able to take five minutes here and there to simply breathe and relax. Although I feel that you don’t have to be struggling mentally to benefit from it. Anyone can use it to help with sleep, being kinder to ourselves and others and even how to focus more effectively.

I feel it’s already helping me become more self aware, focused and calmer.

I hope if you try it -you find it helps you too.

Thanks for reading,

Love always,

Molly xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.