Manchester Christmas Markets - 11.12.18

Helloooo!

I feel like I haven’t blogged in absolutely ages! I hope this post finds you well and hopefully sitting somewhat near a Christmas tree 🎄

Today has been a busy and fun day and so I thought 💭 I’d post to give a little inspiration to those wanting to attend a Christmas market this year. Every year I try to do a few festive things as I love Christmas and everything it’s about; spending time with those you love, being thankful for what you have and of course, copious amounts of food 🥘.

A week or so ago I went to a Christmas market at a nearby hall with my boyfriend. It was so lovely as the hall only opens a few times of year for certain events and I’ve been going to the Christmas markets there for about three years now. 🎄 It was so lovely to have such a beautiful building decked with trees, lights and glitter, whilst housing lots of little market stalls from local traders. Food, soap, decorations, scarfs and trinkets were all being brought by the dozen whilst a lovely local choir sang carols. It was so nice and I made a mental note to go to a Christmas market before the big day itself.

Today, as it was my day off work, I was able to travel up to Manchester to meet my Dad after he finished work and look around their famous Christmas markets. The Manchester markets are also a tradition to go to in our family and as it was one of the last days my dad has free until Christmas, I was so happy to be able to catch the train out of our sleepy town into the bustling city.

The markets were incredible. Right in front of the town hall, log cabins etched in fairy lights we’re selling everything from paella to crystal. The smell of about twenty different types of delicious foods fill the air as Christmas songs play and everyone seems to have a cup of mulled wine in tow (including me - I recommend the non-alcoholic honey and lemon 🍋). After looking around everything the markets had to offer, me and dad went to St Anne’s church and lit a candle, before wondering around the shops and getting the train home.

It’s been such a nice day and now I’m very ready to stick on a Christmas film!

Thanks for reading,

Love,

Molly x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.