November Lush Review ๐ŸŒŸ

After the nights are well and truly drawing in, Jack Frost is nipping and hot chocolate is my new bestie, I don’t think there’s ever been a better time for a pamper.

Whilst the cold brings Christmas, steamed puddings and fireworks, it also brings chapped lips and flaky skin and what better way of warding off such things than a trip to Lush.

I found myself there recently and picked up a few products, some of which are household favourites and some are new. As a Lush lover for over 10 years now since spending the majority of my pocket money in there with my best friend aged 12, I thought it’d be nice to do a review of my latest purchases.

Cupcake Fresh Face Mask - £8.50

This particular face mask takes me riiiggghht back to girly sleepovers in my early teens where we all covered our faces with this.  I can remember us attempting not to eat it because it really does smell like chocolate gooey cupcakes. This is my absolute go-to facemask ever, over any brand, and that’s because as a person with oily/combination/easily angry skin, it soothes and calms without being overly harsh or overly moisturising. Whilst it is on the pricier side of the face mask world, I don’t feel it’s unreasonable given that each lot lasts me about five uses.


The Comforter Bubble Bar - £5.25

This creamy-raspberry bar is the holy-grail for bubble bath enthusiasts. It smells and feels gorgeous on the skin and turns the bath a lovely deep pink hue. Whilst it may seem pricey, it is one of the larger bubble bars and I find if crumbled under running water (the difference between a bubble bar and a bath bomb - which you simply drop in) it lasts 2/3 baths. I’ve purchased this product many times and have never been disappointed.

Honey Trap Lip Balm - £7.50

Again much like the fresh face masks, I only ever buy my lip balm from lush now. In particular “Honey Trap”. I was first told about this balm about 18 months ago by a friend when I was complaining that all the lip balms I’d previously brought just seemed to sit like a thick layer on my lips. She beamed and pulled out this beauty, let me try some, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I have a chronic illness that means my lips are constantly dry and so it’s amazing to find a product so moisturising and affective without being claggy. It tastes of sweet honey and has little beads to extol the lips as well as moisturise.Again some might say that it’s quite pricey for a lip balm but I disagree, I had my last tin for about 8 months and wore it loads. I’m so happy to bring it back into my life!

Buck’s Fizz Body Conditioner - £9.95

Whilst I didn’t actually purchase this product, I was given a sample of it at the till and as I used it last night in my bath and was happily blown away by its gorgeous smell and the level of moisturisation it gives. This particular product is in Lush’s limited addition Christmas range so I may have to purchase it quickly, but I’d never tried a similar “body conditioner” before and I feel for people with drier skins it makes moisturising so so much easier. You simply apply it to wet skin like a shower gel, leave for a couple of minutes and rinse to feel skin as soft as a new-borns. I feel applying this before shaving your legs would be amazing to avoid any nicks and make for a super soft outcome. The smell is heavenly too and it’s like opening a massive bag of clementines in your bathroom at the same time as sipping champagne.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.