Gluten and Dairy free Vanilla or Almond cookies

Hiya!!

I hope you’re all really really well. 

As I’m recovering from wisdom tooth surgery and trying not to be bored out of my mind, I’ve felt up to baking today. When I go to cafe’s nowadays I hardly ever get offered cake or biscuits that are both dairy and gluten free and I find the shop products on offer overly sweet. I’m really happy to share this simple recipe that I’ve tweeked and adapted to just the right proportions to make some lovely biscuits to curb that sweet tooth. The fact I’ve put vanilla OR almond refers to whether you choose to add almond or vanilla essence in the process (both taste heavenly).

50g vegan spread
50g coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla or almond essence 
100g gluten free rice flour
1 tsp baking powder 

Pre heat fan oven to 170.c

Cream the spread and sugar together and then add the flavoured essence of your choice. Next sift in the flour and baking powder and beat to a thick mixture. Spoon the mixture onto parchment on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy!

Molly x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.