Lushest Sunday ever

Hey guys, how’s you doing? :) 
Decided to blog today if for any other reason than just to keep the memory and to be honest what better reason than that?
This Sunday has been the Sunday to top all sundays. 
It began as all good Sunday’s should. That is, with a longgggg lie in, followed by Paolo Nuttini following me around the house (not literally, although how nice would that be?!) and after the dreamiest shower (I felt like Bryn in Gavin and Stacey going “Is that what you call a POWER-SHOWER?”) I was underway. After plenty of time to put loads of make up on to make my skin look somewhat more refreshed than it currently is (Winter = wanting to walk around with a lightbulb on my skin) I got ready to brace the cold only to find it is a bit milder today??? On route, nicking my Mum’s Urban Decay Naked palate that I brought her a few christmases back (that’s what Christmas is for ey? ;)). At this point I’m thinking “already winning” ;). No, what I mean to say is it was just the most chilled morn I’ve had in a while and I know this because mid-way through Dad even asked if I wanted a bacon and cheese sandwich. I politely declined but that’s beside the point. Normally we all rush so much we chuck a bit of cereal in a bowl hap-hazard enough to make Jamie Oliver’s way of chucking stuff in a bowl look positively masterful.
After doing the annual wreath placing on the graves, and thinking of all the Christmassy memories with all the loved ones’ no longer with us, we headed to The Stafford Arms for the loveliest early family Christmas meal. This involved plenty of roast beef and Yorkshire pudding until we all literally waddled out of the dining area. We also got more into the festive spirit than usual by actually adorning the party hats in the crackers (well.. for a good half hour anyway, the novelty wears off a tad after that doesn’t it?) and actually playing the games inside. For us this was charades.
Suddenly me and Dad are going “Book. Flowers? Sky???!!” As my Mum is pointing left right and centre to spell out the book “Flowers in the attic”. :D. We never really play games as a family so this was such a laugh, especially as me and Dad were just as confused when we knew the answer as when we started. Flowers in the Attic? Anyone heard of it?? 
After eating the largest lunch I have in a while all the time thinking “oh my Goodness my stomach is gonna’ kill me any minute but this is AMAZING” we decided to stay and go into the snug area for coffees. At which point we meet the cutest fluffiest dog ever, Anuk. She is literally the Dog on the Dulux ad but in miniature and after we each got licked on the face multiple times, we said our goodbyes and brought out a good old fashioned board game. Sunday, cozy, full and now board games?! A walking stereotype I know, but of the BEST kind. Especially when Mumford and Sons and Bing Crosby are playing in the background. 
After having to be retaught the rules of drafts (it must of been years since I last played) I then proceeded to lose all of three times. Well, at least I was consistent ;). To be fair the first one might not count after Mum winning proclaiming “yes, of course you can move straight forwards” (no you can’t.) 
All in all it’s been the best Sunday in a long while and quite unexpected.
I hope yours has been equally as lush.


Molly x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.