Royal Blood are kings

Hey,

I hope this post finds you really really good and all tucked up and cosy whilst the gail’s blow outside. I’m being a typical granny and am throughly enjoying my honey and lemon with three throws on top of me, tucked up as I write this. There’s something so nice about being warm when you can hear the breeze or the rain outside I think, it just reminds me how grateful I am to be in a comfy, warm place really.
I’m feeling really rather sleepy/exhausted so don’t know why I think writing is once again a good idea, but alas I continue...

As this blog is mainly now made up of music once again, turns out it’s turned into “Anthems of a bored 20yr old” (was there point in a name change after all?(; ), I will proceed to discuss more music I think.

The Saturday just gone was absolutely incredible, because I saw a band and fell in love. Not particularly with the singer (although probably that too), but with a band I’d hardly listened to before and one after which seeing I can’t stop listening to. That’s Royal Blood.

I was extremely lucky to be picked up and invited to go along with a friend and her lovely friends to see the band perform in Birmingham, and whilst it was a nippy November night, the arena was packed and warm. This was the band’s biggest show they’d ever done and were so humble and grateful that it was lovely to see. Their music however is what I want to discuss, Royal Blood are INCREDIBLE.

Admittedly, before the concert I hadn’t really listened to the band much at all. I’m not quite sure why, I’d heard of them and always meant to get around it it, but for some reason didn’t. Throughout Saturday’s chill with my Dad I listened to their full playlist on Spotify in prep and enjoyed it a great deal (there isn’t enough up and coming rock bands for my liking). However I wasn’t prepped enough to hear them live. They sound 100x better than their already amazing sounding playlist and the whole experience was grand. Think sensational drumming, vocals and guitar playing from two down to earth people from Brighton, that had one person to the right of me nearly fall down the stairs because they were dancing that much.

If you haven’t had the chance to listen yet - go, do, what’re you waiting for?! ;) I’ll leave a link below to “Little Monster” <3




A massive thank you to Jess for inviting me and to Lee for taking us!

Ps - To Mol who I know is seeing them in London tonight - hope it’s a blast 😀xx

Thanks for reading,

Molly x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.