Reaction to the official BBC Children in Need single - "Fields of gold" Katie Melua

Hey,


Hope you're okay on this cold November afternoon!


I've just been in town and my hands are very much blue but all cosy now this a nice cup of tea so I'm warming my cockles. Literally don't know where that expression comes from.. Maybe it's Cornish? It always reminds me of that scene in stardust where Michelle Phieffer runs the bath for Clare Danes whilst plotting eternal youth and she uses this line... why cockles?


Anyway,


I wanted to write this post for a few days as I woke up to the great Chris Evans's voice blasting out at me on BBC Radio Two the other morning and Katie Melua was in the studio. On the show she performed this year's BBC Children in need single; her cover of 'Fields of gold' and it was so beautiful you could literally hear a pin drop and that was over the radio. Unfortunately I missed the first bit, but after briefly hearing that it was the official Children in Need song for 2017 and how good it is I listened to it again straight away.


I'll put it below for anyone who has missed hearing the sheer beauty of it, but every time I listen I think I'm more and more moved. I think it's the combination of Katie's raspy voice combined with the amazingly beautiful lyrics first stung by Sting and the fact that it is both to raise money and in remembrance of the late Terry Wogan (who said it was one of his favourite songs).






I'll definitely be tuning in this Friday (17th November) to watch BBC Children in Need, both to support such a vital cause but also to watch it being performed live.


Have a great evening,


Molly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.