Does anyone else’s Dad do this?? (Love you Dad x)

Hey,

Tonight, as per, I’m writing at a really strange time.

The last few nights have gone to plan in that I’ve actually started plodding upstairs to get ready for bed around 8. I know, this is megaaaa early!
I think so too, but with my health meaning not getting 10 hours sleep minimum leaves me aching so bad, I know it’s deffo worth it!
However, tonight is not that night my friends. It’s great that I’ve got to be up at 7 too (hear the sarcasm leaping off the page right now)  but y’know what, I’m going with the flowwwww :D. So I figured... blog. Call me irresponsible, but hey, Bublè already has you covered ;).

In this  post I’m going to shout out to the absolute ledge that is my Daddio.

We bicker, we take the mick, but most of the time we’re laughing (albeit mainly at each other) and hands down I wouldn’t change my Dad. I do love him lots (eugh, pass the bucket I would hear him retort). But this one is going to focus mainly on present buying when it comes to the man in my life (the Pop ofc) and more importantly, how easy it is??

I realise after making my Christmas list of presents to get and note the besties, the parents and grandma and Jannie (very lucky to have these people, love you), that my Dad is by FAR the easiest to buy for. ‘Yknow why?

1) Because he knows what he wants straight off
2) He tells me EXACTLY which establishment I’m going to purchase it from (Devil’s in the detail)
3) He is also realistic about my budget

I’m not saying anyone else expects lavish gifts, it’s the complete opposite, we’re all just happy to spend time together. That is and always will be the only thing that matters. I’m just saying that it has to be noted, my Dad’s style rocks.

This year’s list I hear you query? (Hopefully, if anyone’s reading)

Birthday: black gloves, white socks
Christmas: black socks, Stanley Knife - ( and I know I can’t purchase this as I’m under 21, but he’s even taken that into account - he’s buying it, I’m giving him the money)

That’s what I love though about my Dad, nearly every Birthday or Christmas is the same. Always Socks, and one other mystery item. Could be gardening sheers, could be a wallet, but it’s always pretty readily available and I haven’t got to ponder the question “will he ACTUALLY use it?” For a good half an hour up Hanley.

So there you go. Being as direct as Nessa in Gavin and Stacey is the way to go lads.

Let’s hope he likes his gifts ey? ;)

Molly x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.