Octoberinal vibes? Ft a wonderful song by Lifehouse

Morning!

How're you all doing?!

I'm gonna' be real I've just woken up, hardly had a late one last night (unless you count watching 'Cold Feet' on catch up with your Mum - omg what's Dadam playing at by the way??) but I think everyone feels sleepier when it starts going dark at 25 to 7 (I know, don't cry).

September seems to have completely flown by, for me anyway, and I couldn't really say what I've done in that time! A levels and looking at uni courses mainly, but also seeing friends settle well to Uni life as well has been really lovely.

I wanted to do a post mainly to highlight a band I've been listening to technically for years, without knowing who they are. I'm a huge fan of the sitcom Gavin and Stacey and if you've watched it this song plays in the first episode, when Gavin suprised Stacey meeting her off her bus in Barry. It's the song that plays through the credits and I love it so much that I had to look it up. Thankfully I didn't feel quite as much of a saddo when I realised someone had already made a forum a couple of years ago called "what's that song called at the end of Gavin and Stacey when it says 'and I can't take my eyes off of you'?" To which someone helpfully replied "You and me by Lifehouse'. Shout out to the wise amongst us.

Like I say I'd never actually listened to anything else by the band, for my taste they're quite heavy, as an American rock band, but nevertheless, definitely incredible. I can't actually listen to the song without thinking of Gavin and Stacey, but I tell you whoever was responsible for music choices in that series was an absolute legend. The Kooks, Paolo Nuttini, Razorlight, The Libertines... Well done lads.



Have a mint day whatever you've planned,

Molly x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.