End of summer, beginning of newness?

Hey,

I hope you're all really well! I also hope you can overlook my somewhat poor (ok, very poor) title for this post. I thought I'd just write whatever came into my head first and alas a made up word made its way in to my grey matter. Let's roll with "newness" for now.

As usual I'm writing at a really really daft time if ever there was one, half 11 on a Friday night after a busy day. It's been so lovely, an A Level language class this morning - only the second lesson of the year and liking the class a lot so alls' good - followed by a trip to Jannie's (I know you'll read this so hi Jannie!), then more studying before Dad roped me in to helping him guard a door (don't ask). After all this I saw a very close friend before he heads to Uni (so exciting!) and then went swimming for the first time in ages - pretty busy day.

So yeah now is a great time to write a blog?

I just kind of feel like catching up, my last post (all about feelings with long term illness) was necessary but sort of bleak and I haven't felt like writing much since. Although I would like to say a massive THANK YOU for the response I got from that post. I had absolutely no idea how many people, not just here, but worldwide would read it (over 1,200 people) and I was absolutely so humbled and blessed. Anyone on my snapchat that week will tell you I literally didn't stop crying for about three days. I'm not sure why, I think it was a mixture of relief - that I was no longer scared to talk about all these confusing feelings, and I suppose with that proudness, but also I felt so humbled. People from all over reached out to me to explain that my post helped them understand feelings they'd struggled to understand themselves. Many told me their stories, and I think my tears came from a strong sense of sadness, that every day people are struggling, but a sort of comfort that my writing helped people in a way I couldn't of imagined. Thank you again to anyone who took their time to read it. You're always a friend if you did.

I feel now, ready to write and as I write I feel lots of change. For me this change is quite profound, my work load is halved from last year and I've started to do all the things I haven't had the energy to do for so long. Activities like swimming and walking more are part of this and I can't tell you how nice it is to have energy just for the random stuff like reading or emptying the dishwasher whilst dancing to Queen (do it, I dare you).

Outside, the world is taking on a bigger change all on its own, with summer slowly fading into a mixture of sunshiney showers. I don't know about anyone else, but the nights are drawing in far too quickly for a light lover like me, and even though the thought of Autumn and naturally Halloween and bonfire night seem quite appealing, I really don't want it to go dark so quickly.

I'm one of those activists that believe the key to happiness is having lots of lights on at all times (I've never been scared as such of the dark, I just strongly dislike it and it makes me gloomy), as again Jannie, you will know all too well. (I literally walk into Jannie's pretty much every other night and exclaim nearly the same thing every time - "JANNIE WHY ARE YOU IN THE DARK?")

Ah well...

Well, I'm glad to be back writing, even if briefly and I hope you've all got lovely things planned over the next few weeks, I know getting into the new series of 'Cold Feet' will be up there for me- did anyone watch tonight's episode? #alreadyhooked.

Sleep well,

Molly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.