A change of scenery - A new blog

Hello,

I'm feeling pretty nostalgic and excited all at the same time. Some of you that have bothered to read my ramblings before (thank you so much) will have noticed this is a brand new blog. I feel partially sad and partially in the right to begin a new one. For some time I've realised that my writing style is changing and the subject matter that I want to be writing about is too. I love music and don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll be discussing it no-end on this (admittedly, not very skilfully titled blog- my lack of imagination failed me today), but I think I want to discuss other things. I'm not quite sure what yet, possibly travel, possibly book recommendations- who knows?! But when you know..you know..you know? ;).
Also a contributing factor in my decision, although admittedly minuscule, is the debate of whether I can really call myself a "youth" anymore? I know at 20 I'm certainly not over the hill just yet, but after starting 'Anthems From A Bored Youth' just a month after my eighteenth birthday, I had no idea how much I would come to love blogging, or that it'd still be part of most months a whole two years and two A Levels later. I never intended for my blog to be read by anyone other than myself and possibly my Mum and Dad, as a way of just expressing myself when I was bored or even irritated when stuck in the house, not able to do much. In the last two years, despite always liking English as a subject, I've realised how much writing helps me a great deal. It is only sometimes in writing that I am able to understand exactly how I feel, almost like some of my thought processes go on subconsciously, without me even registering them myself. I want to express my absolute shock that even a few people take their time to read what I write, I never deem my thoughts will ever be that interesting to anyone other than myself! Aside from this in blogging I have come to learn more about writing and although I am miles behind where I would like to be in terms of standard of writing, more practise surely can only be a good thing. Hopefully this blog if anything will give me that, although I'm always open to critique! In fact if you think it's rubbish, that's fair enough, tell me and then tell me where and how to improve! I need all the help I can get.

So this is 'The antics and ramblings of a twenty-something', basically what it says on the tin.

Thank you always for reading,

Molly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to breeze through festival season with a chronic illness

(Probably the most personal post I will ever write) Feelings that no one tells you about when you're ill for a long period

Why it’s ok to feel depressed after a chronic illness and why it doesn’t make you a bad person, just a normal one.